How to use Behat for BDD in Windows with Selenium in Docker

A few definitions before diving in (the title is a mouthful): BDD = Behavior Driven Development, which is a more top down approach to Test Driven Development (TDD) Behat = Tool for implementing BDD written in PHP Selenium = open source browser testing tool, which can be used with behat as an addon through the […]

How to install phantomjs and casperjs on bluehost linux vps

Last week I needed to automate an internet lookup in real time which required a several step login process (no API available). I was having trouble getting it to work with Curl. I had heard good things about CasperJS and PhantomJS so I figured I would try it out. I decided to use my own […]

The Essence of AJAX – How I learned it in an hour

originally posted at I was a bit resistant to learning ajax for a couple years because I didn’t see a need for it in the programs I was developing.  However, one day I learned it without knowing it.  I was working with code written by someone else which called a javascript function that invoked […]